What Is Mediation and Arbitration?
- Mediation and Arbitration are Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms that have long-standing use in the Civil Litigation System
- Civil Litigation is the process of filing a lawsuit, investigating, and going to trial in order to determine who is right and who is wrong
- Arbitration is a way of cutting down the time length of the Civil Litigation Process
- There is investigation involved with Arbitration, but you will go forth in front of an Arbitrator, instead of a jury
- Mediation is when both sides try to meet with a third party neutral in order to resolve issues
- A Mediators only role is to bring the parties together to discuss issues of the case, resolve differences independently, and come to a reasonably satisfying, calm resolution