Representing New Jersey employers facing legal issues
Employers face various legal matters as owners of a business. From contracts and agreements with employees to employee rights disputes, our firm can handle it all. We have a hard-earned reputation for providing a tough, cost-effective defense of management in a wide range of matters. We have successfully dealt with cases in administrative settings, Superior Court of New Jersey and U.S. District Court. If you are an employer in need of quality legal services, contact Richardson Employment & Civil Rights, LLC for a consultation.
Employee disputes we effectively handle:
- Sexual harassment
- Harassment in the workplace
- Hostile work environment
- Workplace retaliation
- Whistleblower protection
- Employment litigation
New Jersey Non-Litigation Services
Today’s employers and managers operate in a minefield of complex state and federal laws. And, it is a minefield that is constantly changing. The New Jersey Law Against Discrimination factors, on average, in 200 published and unpublished federal and state cases per year. This has resulted in a flood of employment litigation, with the number of employment cases nationwide tripling since the turn of the century.
To businesses, we offer help in maneuvering through the minefield in the following ways:
- Advice and Counseling: Employers often need to pick up the telephone and get a quick answer to important employment questions. Our quality counseling is an effective tool in preventing or mitigating problems that otherwise could lead to litigation.
- Discrimination and Harassment Investigations: Employers are under a legal obligation to promptly, thoroughly and professionally investigate claims of harassment and discrimination. Our attorneys know what the issues are and therefore know the questions to ask so that the investigations we conduct are thorough, responsive, efficient, and effective.
- Non-Compete and Severance Agreements: For most employers, knowledge is the most important asset of all: Knowledge of the market, business processes, customer or client wants and needs and much more. To be successful, a business must share its knowledge base with its employees, even at the risk that this knowledge can leak out when an employee departs. We can’t promise to plug the knowledge leak, but through well-crafted non-compete and employment agreements, we can limit the damage.
- Employee Contracts, Employee Handbooks, and Related Documentation: Well-crafted employement contracts and employee handbook is not only useful to employees; it is an effective tool for an employer. A well-written handbook can be effective in barring employee lawsuits. However, there is no “one size fits all” form. Working carefully with employers, our firm is well-equipped to draft and revise any employment documentation that fit the business’s needs.
- Training: We can provide training on employment issues both to managers and to employees. Education can be the best preventative medicine.
- Investigation: Discrimination, harassment, or retaliation cannot persist in a workplace, even if the employer is unaware. Our firm will investigate any complaints of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation on behalf of an employer, protecting their rights, obligations to the matter, and the business altogether.
- Mediation: For contract and employee disputes, it is important to consider the alternatives to litigation. Our firm can act as neutral third parties, guiding both parties towards an amicable conclusion.
Contact Richardson Employment & Civil Rights Law, LLC
If you own a business, it is important to have quality legal support protecting your interests and business from legal issues. Our firm provides the knowledge of skill collected over 3 decades to provide the quality and caliber of legal services employers deserve. Contact Richardson Employment & Civil Rights Law, LLC for a consultation to discuss your legal matter or to retain the services of an attorney for the long term.