Severance Package Review & Negotiation in Mullica Hill, NJ
When you leave a company, you may be offered a severance agreement, separation agreement, severance package or severance pay. This may be one of the most important documents you will ever sign regarding your livelihood. The far-reaching effects could be felt for years, depending on the terms of the agreement. It is important to consult with an attorney before signing any document, especially a severance package or one similar. Richardson Employment & Civil Rights Law, LLC provides effective and knowledgeable legal services in Gloucester County and across New Jersey.
New Jersey severance packages review and negotiations
Severance packages are complicated contracts. While you may be offered money and other benefits on your way out of a position, these contracts could prohibit you from working in your field, bringing clients with you to your new company or prevent you from ever filing a lawsuit against the company. A severance agreement can have a range of elements, including, but not limited to:
- The choice between “termination” and “resignation”
- Amount of severance pay
- Agreement to not sue the employer
- Confidentiality agreement
- Non-disparagement agreement
- Non-compete agreement
Our firm has over 25 years of experience helping clients protect their rights, interests, and future. Having quality legal support when asked to sign a severance agreement is crucial. We are dedicated, zealous advocates for our clients. When clients retain our services, we take each case with the attention it deserves. Our firm offers two different types of services regarding the review of severance agreements:
- We will thoroughly review your severance agreement and schedule a conference call or meeting to explain the terms and possible consequences of signing it.
- We can negotiate with your former employer to try to revise the terms, compensation, and benefits of your severance agreement.
Contact a Gloucester County severance package law firm
Richardson Employment & Civil Rights Law, LLC has been a legal resource for employees all over the state of New Jersey for many years. The firm handles all employment law matters, including discrimination, harassment, non-compete agreements, sexual harassment, whistleblower rights, unemployment appeals, state pension appeals, and more. If you are offered a severance package, you have a lot to consider. These documents can have far-reaching effects on your life. Most severance packages come with strict deadlines, so time is of the essence.
* We offer document review and a phone consultation for a flat fee of $200. We offer a document review and in-person consultation for a flat fee of $400. In both cases, payment must be made in advance through PayPal and the documents must be scanned into PDF form. To proceed with payment and document upload, follow this link. Once we have received payment and the documents, we will schedule a consultation.